Thursday, October 21, 2010

9-10-2004



Day 1

  • I am Cooking: Anxious

4 days ago the Labradors got their own Blog, http://2dogblog.blogspot.com/

and so now I have a web diary and theirs will be entirely theirs. 2paw is my user name as I have 2 Labradors and I am also not entirely monied up!!! Earlier this year I had 3 dogs so it didn't quite work. I like to have 2 dogs, so when one is older and on its last legs, we get a new puppy!! I have done this twice so far, and now Vundy the German Shepherd (15) and Tori-Tompkins the Golden Labrador (12 and a half) live in lovely boxes on the mantelpiece. This is more than slightly macabre, and I imagine if I live to be old I shall have a row of boxes that fills up the entire mantelpiece.

As a spelling enthusiast I noticed there is a spelling error in the Journal Keywords:

Journal Keywords

Enter a comma seperated list of up to 10 keywords to help other people find your journal.
(i.e. sports, arts, technology)

It is 'separated', not 'seperated'. I am not saying I am perfect, in fact , I am more likely to make mistakes as I am a terrible typist!!!

We have all just voted in the Federal election, electing 5 House of Representative members and also people to the Senate, which is the House of Review. Voting is compulsory. Counting has already been going on for an hour and a half here as we have already started Daylight Saving. It seems that Labor is losing 2 seats, they hold all 5 at the moment. The Coalition Liberal/National party is aiming for an historic fourth term.

It is an awful time as, according to your affiliations, you either become happier and happier, or progressively more depressed. The next few hours will , I feel, be the latter for me. I am torn between not watching the ABC coverage at all,and going to bed and waking up when it is all over, or watching it in a fatalistic way. I may have a nap and then see what has happened.

I made my web diary because I read the one belonging to Wendy Woo and I am strangely fascinated by this glimpse of someone else's life. The Labradors live a much more exciting life than me, as their blog attests.

I have no idea what this will look like when it is published and I expect there will be changes made!! I am a novice at this, but despite being a Luddite at heart, I have now surpassed some of my friends in my abilities.

I am off to do one of may favourite things instead of a nap, I am going to cook a Chocolate and Raspberry Meringue cake and Beef Stroganoff. My favourite things to cook are Nigella's Runny Pudding, Chocolate Pavlova and Raspberry Chocolate Pudding - which is sad because I can't eat chocolate really anymore, so I can't eat any of them. I can manage a row of milk chocolate, but dark is out of the question altogether, and white doesn't count at all.

I want to change the Music entry below the Mood one to Books I am Reading and also TV Shows and/or DVDs I am watching, oh and also Labradors Spotted, but I have no idae how o do it!!!!

So, Books I am Reading -

  1. Bill Clinton's Autobiography
  2. Buffy The Watcher's Guide Book 3
  3. Gifts by Ursula Le Guin
  4. One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
  5. Pyramid Scheme by Freer and Flint
  6. The Warrior's Bond by Juliet E McKenna and
  7. Eagerly awaiting 'The Taint" by Glenda Larke, Nov 1 and
  8. Going Postal by Terry Pratchett and
  9. The Tom Baker Scripts from Dr Who.

Labradors Spotted

  1. 1 Black and 1 Golden at the Polling Booth
  2. 1 Golden in the car in front near the hospital

TV Shows I am Watching

  1. AustraliaVotes 2004 on the ABC

DVDs I am watching

  1. Blake's 7
  2. Babylon 5 Season 2

I don't have a signing off thingy yet, I don't want a boogelly one so I will ponder it. Is there a spell check on this thing? I will read through again, and then post and be damned!!! I love Press Gang and their Damn magazine!!!