Thursday, October 21, 2010

16-10-2004

Macbeth hath Murdered Sleep and my feet are tired too.

  • I am Cooking: Is a cup of tea cooking??
  • Books I am Reading: Finding Library Book Part 3
  • Labradors Spotted: One in a tin!!!!

Yes indeed Macbeth hath murdered sleep, although if it was the Hamish Macbeth of Robert Carlyle it would be not so bad. I am sooo tired I can’t say my worms correctly , as the Two Ronnies would say. And in this short space I have made 8 typing errors. I should not be allowed to use the computer.

Sadness at the fact my friend’s Principal died yesterday from his brain tumour, and so today we met in town at the Elephant Pass Pancake Parlour and indulged in Chicken Satay pancakes and a pot or real tea leaf tea !! Hooray!!!!!

Then it was an orgy of shopping –

· Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

· Terry Nation, but it was $60 so I have to wait till Tuesday- see review here (http://www.timelash.com/tardis/display.asp?1209)

· I bought Jimmy the Hand by Feist for $7!!!!

· Several and assorted other books and stationery items

· A new L’Oreal transfer lipstick, face masque (posers)

· Egypt and Dragon books

· Tiny Tins tin of Labradors and I have emailed the Tiny Tin people as there was not a tin of Tiny German Shepherds!!!

· 20 brand spanking new wooden coat hangers ( although there will be no spanking here even if it is an orgy of shopping – watch Secretary with James Spader for that!!)

· Two packets of mixed green buttons

· A White Hot Chocolate

· Multi vitamins

· Family Circle magazine

· Frozen veggies

· Beef bones for the Labradors

Shopping soothes and cares for the soul and makes you feel so much better, except for your feet. I had fairly sensible shoes on, green, of course!!!

Perhaps the whole nation should indulge in a major shop to get over the election. Mind you, it was pointed out that if 4.6/10 people voted for the coalition, that meant 5.4/10 didn’t . It is a Pyrrhic victory though and hindsight is 20/20 vision.

Why do computers not have the floating decimal point? Is there one on the keyboard that I am unable to find?? It is very annoying and I often resort to a hyphen or a colon . I really want a floating decimal point, not only is it correct, it looks nice too.

I am hoping a multivitamin might perk me up, though if you don’t have enough red blood cells it can’t, nevertheless we are hoping for the placebo effect, even though I know what I am taking. I was going to go for the fizzy power plug brand but in the end I went for the 100 vitamins advertised by the marathon man.

I am going to have another cup of tea, and a vitamin and then a large nap before Cracker. The TV Guide says that tomorrow we have a new CSI and a new Cold Case instead of a Sunday Movie, maybe they are catching up with episodes missed from Daylight Saving.

Last night on Jonathan Creek I guessed the main part but not why the harvest flies were important, and David ( Don’t give up on us ,Baby) Soul was in Dalziel and Pascoe. Her must have had a busman’s holiday as he was in Midsomer Murders too. If you didn’t know he was David Soul though, you wouldn’t have recognised him. Not that growing old is a bad thing at all, but he will insist on accents!!

We also have new movies remaking old TV series to look forward too, not only The Dukes Of Hazard, but also The A-Team, Miami Vice and Dallas, I need more than a Bex and a good lie down now.

Tomorrow there is the Insiders and also The Season Of Shakespeare on the ABC.

Alas, no sign of the missing Library book thus far, it does not augur well…..