Thursday, October 21, 2010

27-11-2004

All of my friends love shortnin', shortnin', all of my friends love shortnin' bread!!!

  • I am Cooking: Honey cured bacon and eggs!!!
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: What not to wear the genuine one!!!

I have made, iced and written on the mud cake, I have been for a walk and watched ‘What not to wear’ and I have been missing the real Trinny and Susannah one. I thought it was the terrible Australian one!!! Here is the recipe for the Honey Cinnamon and Nut shortbread.

250 g butter

2/3 cup caster sugar

2 tspn honey

1 2/3 cups plain flour

1/3 cup rice flour

½ tspn cinnamon

55 g nuts

Cream butter and sugar until it is very pale and thick , add honey. Stir in flours and cinnamon and bring dough together with your hands. Knead on a lightly floured bench rill smooth. Press into a lined 16 x 26 cm tin and smooth with the back of a spoon ( a warmed spoon helps) Cut into fingers then press nuts into each one. Sprinkle with extra sugar. Bake at 160 C ( 140 fan-forced) for about 40 minutes or until it is a pale golden colour but not browned!!! Cool in tin for at least an hour.

I also like to cut shapes out, like stars or trees, and bake those as they look great in a little box or a cellophane bag.

It was so warm last night and I am having one of my “I should rest but if I sleep I will have a headache” days!!! I am religiously slathering on the sunblock now and wearing my hat when we go for a walk as the UV rating is 10 which is very high. Here in Tasmania, although we have temperate weather, we have very high UV and people are often surprised by the strength of the Sun’s rays and are burned.

It is the Christmas Parade in town today. I am going in an hour for very late brunch or early lunch. I hope there is a parking place!!!