Thursday, October 21, 2010

2-11-2004

Shoes, Glorious Shoes, hot sausage and mustard

  • I am Cooking: Coconut and lemon Melting Moment biscuits
  • Books I am Reading: 2 new SFX magazines
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Threat Matrix, Dr Who 4th last Friends

I am like Britney Spears ( only is the most tenuous way, this is a segue) Oops I did it again, I accidentally bought 2 pairs of green shoes today. I wanted a lovely Regatta lime pair with two cross over straps and a 8 cm wide one up higher, but they didn’t have any in a 6 1/2. So I bought a paler sage/lime pair instead. Then the lady rang me up when I was in the Library to say they has a smaller pair, and as I can wear a 6, 6 ½ or a 7 depending on the make, and they fitted me!! Good thing my name is nearly Cinderella!!!! So now I have a lot of green shoes. I love lists –

  1. Green Colorado winter walking boots
  2. Green suede lace up short boots
  3. Teal green Doc Martens
  4. Lime slip on sandals (1)
  5. Lime slip on sandals (2)
  6. Lime lacy sandals
  7. Line sequinned shoes
  8. Aqua sequinned slides
  9. Dark green evening shoes with a beaded dragon fly
  10. Olive flat slide
  11. Green multi heart shaped sandals
  12. New pale sage/lime green
  13. New Regatta lime green sandals
  14. Strappy high heeled lime

I am so happy I must just remember to put them up high so Peri Naughty doesn’t eat them.

Brendan Nelson the Coalition Education Minister is trying to wrest control of the Universities from the states and outlaw the student unions who have a compulsory fee. The fee must be paid, but people may be conscientious objectors and not belong to the student union, they must still pay the fee as it pays for the services the student union provides. The Government also wants to change the way teachers at unis are paid. It wants to negotiate with individual teachers. Remember, united we stand, divided we fall. There may mean Australia wide strikes if they do. This was never mentioned during the election. I feel the need to join a march coming on if there is one. I wouldn’t be able to go far and I couldn’t hold a placard, I would join near the end and save what little energy I have for the shouting and cheering at the end. The best rallies were the Save the Franklin ones in the big dam debate in the 80s. I went to teach down the west coat in a mining town and you didn’t dare mention the word, or even think of mentioning the debate. People were hurt, cars and properties were destroyed. The Hawke government sent a spy plane over Tasmania. Bob Brown rose to power. David Bellamy came . Those were the days. Now everyone is out for what they can get. No-one offered me anything in the election, I don’t fit into a category, but apparently most people were ‘bought’. I vote with my head, my conscience and my heart and I can never shake the feeling that a Liberal government is not on the workers’ side. This is very quickly proving to be true.

I could be in a Georgette Heyer decline for years, like Florence Nightingale.

The Melbourne Cup is on today. I am not bothered or excited by it. I shall watch Threat Matrix, tape Dr Who from last night, and Friends and make the Fat Santa brooch.