Thursday, October 21, 2010

21-11-2004

All my myself, I wanna be, all by myself, evermore!!!

  • I am Cooking: Omelettes

Sometimes I don’t speak to a real person, face to face, all day. It is strange really, as I talk to the Labradors ( sign of madness) and on the phone and email too, but it is no wonder that if I do talk to someone I can’t stop !!! My friends do remind me to take a breath and slow down, but I am so excited to see a real person. I miss school, every day I had my class and all the other teachers and staff and the parents to talk to – and the children were a captive audience – they had to listen!! The social deprivation is one I have come to terms with though. I am not lonely, I am alone a lot, but I am not lonely for company. I apparently have untapped resources in the coping department!! Physically I am also resigned to my fate. Yesterday I was overtired and I slept soundly. This morning we have been for a walk and I have cut out the red striped ticking and the Suffolk puffs for the garland. Making Karen choose the fabric and buttons, unbeknowing ( is that a word? ) it was for making a SANTA garland for her was very amusing. I have made nary a puff though. I have made a tasty cheese, chilli, capsicum, mushroom and red onion omelette. Very tasty it was too.

The SANTA garland is 5 squares : S is for Santa and a sack is attached and filled with little toys; A is for antlers so you make a reindeer head; N is for Noel has a twig wreath and banner ;T is for tree and it has the Suffolk puff Christmas tree; and A is for angel , well you appliqué an angel . It is on red striped ticking with some red hearts, with a Christmas tartan border, I have some Christmas buttons and ribbon and it is very festive. Suffolk puffs are made by gathering a small hemmed circle and pulling it tight to make a ball which you then flatten into a double thickness disc with a tiny hole where it is gathered. They are very pretty. I have made many of them for my as yet unfinished quilt too.

Di’s daughter , Amanda, is home from the mainland so I am off to the ever so trendy Seaport for lunch. I taught Amanda when she was in Primary School and she is almost 20 now and a grown up!!! As it is 11-06 am I must iron some of the clothes I hung up yesterday and brush my hair etc as I will need to get some cash real money to take. We have plastic money in Australia. We are at the forefront of money I believe, and it is a godsend when you accidentally wash notes!! But you can’t iron them when they are all folded and crumpled and they do tear quite easily. I think we were the first country to have plastic notes, and there are myriad anti-counterfeiting features too. We have silver coins: 5c, 10c, 20c, 50 c ( a dodecagon with 12 sides!!) . We have gold coins: $1 and $2 and occasionally a $5 special release. We have notes: $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100. What a lot of currency. %cents are of no use really, you can’t even put them in parking meters. You end up with a purse full of 5 and 50 cent coins.

I have ironed and am dressed in proper clothes, I have washed a whole load of jeans so the mundane is more or less taken care of. I intend to have champagne ( or sparkling white as the French lawsuits would have us say) I love Greg Champion’s French song . You sing to La Vie en Rose.It is revenge for the Rainbow Warrior affair and all the nuclear testing in the Pacific.

THE FRENCH SONG

piaf/louiguy(music sales/amcos)

these lyrics: Divishti Rankine & Greg Champion

Pate escargots soup de jour

cordon bleu chic coiffure

fait accompli maison

creme de menthe Marcel Marceau

meringue blancmange Bardot

gauche gay Paris garcon

gendarme agent provocateur

eau de toilette voyeur

au revoir deja vu

carte blanche bidet croissant bourgeois

c’est la vie abattoir

bon voyage coup d’etat

hors d’ouevres Peugeot faux pas

Gerard Depardieux

Lacoste penache papier mache

en suite rue morgue yoplait

Pepe La Pew soufflé

en tous cas le Guy Forget

Maurice Chevalier

le Rainbow Warrior

lingerie chocolat eclair

avant garde Frigidaire

fromage crouton Cointreau

cherchez la femme boudoir je t’aime

vol ou vent Jacques Cousteau

joie de vive Plastic Bertrand

le Coq Sportif penchant

Henri Leconte

This sent my Spell Check into a spin!!!!!