Thursday, October 21, 2010

25-10-2004

Reasons to be Weariful Part 1 by Ian Drowsy and the Snoozeheads

  • I am Cooking: Fish Pie
  • Books I am Reading: Readers' Digest Craft Encylopaedia
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Catching up Omnibus!!!

How can I still be tired.? Yesterday after sleeping all morning, in the afternoon I slept from 3 till 7-06 pm, and then all night until Harki woke me up playing a loud romping game in the hall at 5-30 pm. It soon began to rain and as it was warm we walked up all the stairs to get the paper. That’s 3 sets of stairs and 2 gates. It is a long way to the top if you want a paper, rolled. ( I quite like AC/DC, but not Chiko rolls) I have been doing the onerous task of sewing in all the ends on all my wondrous knitting and crochet ready for tomorrow. That is all I am capable of doing. I have been catching up on all the TV while I have been sewing, all that I haven’t watched as I have been too tired. I have watched quite a bit though there is still a way to go.

I am going to make a fish pie soon and I have the makings of chicken soup. I know this will freak most people out, but I had sardine and lettuce sandwiches for lunch. My dad always made the sardines by mashing them with finely chopped onion, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and a splash of malt vinegar. They have to be in oil, not spring water. You have to adjust for taste, but it is quite yummy, believe me. Mind you, I can’t/won’t eat tiny whole octopus. I must cover my face with my hands and scream. I once watched half a film at the pictures with my eyes covered – I know this is an oxymoron- I watched the last half of Event Horizon by looking down at the reflection in my sunglasses’ lens, they were hooked in the neck of my top. It was the goriest movie with the weirdest ending I have NEVER seen. I thought it was going to be a great sci-fi film, but no.

Aspersions have been cast upon Enterprise, or Star Trek-Enterprise as it is called, ever since it began, have people no memories of the time when there was no science fiction or fantasy on TV? Even if it is boogelly, let us just be grateful. On the extra positive side though, there is an awful lot of shirt-taking-off by Captain Quantum ( Bakula) and Trip . I am happy to state here that I like Enterprise. I like the song, I like singing along with it especially to annoy people who hate it. I like the retro-engineering of the technology from TOS to Enterprise. Anyone who complains should compare the Klingons from TOS and TNG. My Star Trek liking list goes thus-

  1. Star Trek- TOS
  2. Star Trek- DS9
  3. Star Trek -Enterprise
  4. Star Trek- TNG
  5. Star Trek- Voyager

One more week till the rest of the country catches up with us, then everything will be aligned except for Queensland and let’s face it, you go across the border into Queensland and go back 30 years in time. There are very few things lower on the joke chain than us, and Queensland is one of them. After much struggle and Googling I have made a language bar appear next to the clock , well to the far left and have at last been able to make the Spell Check Australian rather than American. It was very hard but now my Spell Check lets me have honour and favour and organise very happily. My “Help” is the cutest animated puppy. I downloaded it and I will forgo upgrades to keep her, She wags and looks and is generally entertaining.

Perhaps too much sleep can make you tired. I must get a life – I can only dream of a life plan. My plan is, basically, to get up each day!!!!!! It is my Everest!!! I really like exclamation marks. The written word in emails or on the Net is so lacking in intonation and expression. Satire and irony do not translate well.

This has somehow made me think of Tracy Middendorf. If she is in a show on TV or a film you can pretty much guarantee she will not make it to the end of the show. She has died in everything. She is an expert die-er. She died in Angel, in DS9 and myriad other shows. Beware the Tracy Curse.

Now I have 2 hours to nap before Dr Who.