Thursday, October 21, 2010

12-10-2004

Never accidentally press a key or your whole post disappears!!!!!!

  • I am Cooking: Choc Caramel Slice
  • Books I am Reading: Smoke and Shadows
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Four Corners

I wrote such an interesting and thought provoking piece (bet all authors say that) and then I pushed some button or other and that was it, my entire work disappeared. I am surrounded by fools – me!!! There is no point in rehashing what I wrote but it was about the fact that people had looked at my writing, if not read it. I am amazed, though of course I have read other people’s writing so fair’s fair.

New eps of friends last night after 12 weeks, it was the Phoebe’s pre-wedding party. They were having cups of tea. I cannot believe how hard it is to get a decent cup of tea. After seeing Fiddler on the Roof, which was excellent, at the Princess, we went to a cafĂ© for a drink, and there were 20 kinds of coffee but not one loose-leaf tea available. I would be happy with a small choice, but there are only tea bags. Even at High Afternoon tea at the Novotel – hooray, I am going on Friday- where there are tiered platters and tongs and finger sandwiches and real scones, real jam and King Island cream --- there is still only tea bag tea. I would take my own tea but I have been banned as I am too embarrassing. I must agree with that. People remember me. Am I that eccentric? Sure I wear green all the time, and only green (apart from some jeans and leather boots when I can’t get green) and I am a bit loud and laugh a lot and I do complain or compliment if things are good bad or indifferent (I wrote to CSR to complain that their sugar cubes are actually rectangular prisms, they haven’t replied yet) OK on reading this again according to popular wisdom I am fairly weird.

Last night I made cute clip-lock bags full of supplies to make fat and tall Santa brooches at sewing (chat) group tonight. Of course I forgot my note so I had to remember and forgot – yes, forgot the brooch backings. What were we making then???

I feel tired today though we have been for a walk at the dam. My Tom Baker Dr Who scripts book from Ebay has arrived, it is lovely. I am not doing anything other than stroking it lovingly until John Pertwee changes tonight. Then tomorrow the Tom Baker eps start.

I have no water, I was just rinsing a bowl to give the girls a drink and there is NO Water. The council says there may be some by 11 am. I can now see all my water and the water of the neighbourhood coursing down the hill to the highway. I need a shower before I go to my adult ed class. I hope there is water soon. (38 mins and counting)

Also from Ebay came my Buffy diary!! I need my Buffy diary to live – I am not joking. When I got sick I had one and then I bought some more and hey!! I’m still alive. I need a Buffy Diary for every year. No Diary – Death. The trouble is they have stopped making them so I have to buy them where I can. I have about 5 in the drawer. It is like my port – small platinum pillbox shaped thing inserted under my collar bone and down a bit with a tube going up my vein in my neck!!! – it is my alien Borg friend. The drs and nurses say they could remove it now but I only have one good vein left and it’s like selling the pram – you’ll immediately get pregnant again. If they take out my port I will need access straight away and then I will have to have another one put in. This one is on a slant as it is and only some of the nurses can find the entry point first go. Thank goodness for local anaesthetic, you can never, never have enough!!! I am always tired but I feel more tired today. Tomorrow I shall make scones for morning tea . I am making chocolate caramel slice for my friend’s staff room. I make the caramel in the microwave as per the instructions in an old English Women’s Weekly – put it all in a big Pyrex bowl and nuke it on high for a minute at a time, stirring in between, for 8-10 mins depending on the power of your microwave. It doesn’t burn or get lumps or anything. I will put a link to the recipe at the side.

I still in a steep decline about the election, but as there is nothing to do I am quickly becoming resigned to the fact. If anyone knows you should live for the moment it is me – and my horoscope says there will be romance today . Not here there won’t, we’re about as far from romance as a convent. ( On second thoughts that might actually be pretty close, although our nuns were OK, brutal but OK, my mum saw Sister Ignatius last week and she is 90)

I forgot to set any of the timers so I am guessing when 20 minutes is up for the base of the slice. I must have something to eat before I go. I have the Beef Stroganoff I made in the fridge, some veges and a banana, not together obviously. Smoked Paprika is so fragrant, and, well, smoky flavoured.

That is all for now. No doubt I will have more to say later, as if I never had an opinion on anything.