Thursday, October 21, 2010

14-11-2004

A Shaw thing

  • I am Cooking: Fish with parsley sauce
  • Books I am Reading: The Artemis Fowl Files
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: The Brief ep 2

I have had the weirdest afternoon and night. I went for a nap till 6 pm and then that was it until after 4-30 am this morning. I could not go to sleep. I tried to sleep, I really did. I got up when there was no hope and checked my email. I watched The Murder Room – both episodes, and one of the Brief. Martin Shaw is 60 next year and only 5’8”. He acts taller. He is very good in this P.D. James drama. The Brief was very good too, better than I thought really. Then I went back to bed and tried again but it was no good. I listened to a debate about wool , sheep and fly strike, a quiz and various other things. I remember 4-30 and then I woke up at about 8 am. I just got up and took the Labradors for a walk straight away. Then I had lovely scrambled eggs and grilled bacon and a nice cup of Earl Grey too. I would be doing some beading and sequinning but I have no green star, sequins or beads really. I have all of the other colours as I hardly use them, and none of the green as I use them all the time. I was going to go and buy some but instead I must finish the Bunny sleeping bag. I did quilt though so it was not too bad. I found my missing lime green Fizz watch too, in the garage where Peri secretes away all her hoard of treasure, like Smaug the dragon in ‘The Hobbit’. I went there to look for one of the Magi who was missing, and there he was in his little snap lock bag, and there was my watch – unharmed too!! I have sewed up all the figures to the waist and now I have to find some middle thickness plastic to cut out circles to glue into the bases.

In the car I am listening to 4 of the first episodes from ‘Dad’s Army’. I laughed so much. It is so very funny, I wish the ABC would repeat it. It could bear a repeat screening. Another cup of tea I think – oh I am bidding on a Stargate SG1 calendar and poster for Karen’s Christmas present. I have just edited my words that are added to the dictionary. I feel quite chuffed. The Help puppy dog actually helped me!!! Now I must get on with the Bunny sleeping bag – though I do feel a nap coming on……