Thursday, October 21, 2010

18-11-2004

The Bribe of Frankenstein's Monster!!!!

  • I am Cooking: Mud Cake for school
  • Books I am Reading: Hover car Racer
  • Labradors Spotted: One black one at the dam
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Putting DS9 and West Wing onto a tape for Karen

I have made 17 cards now and I can feel more coming on today. Very pleased with my progress. If you want some self esteem boosting – go here http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~geoffo/humour/flattery.html

It was very enjoyable. I have renewed my subscription the Better Homes and Gardens magazine, Noni is leaving. Noni has been around for yonks, ever since Play School. I loved Play School :I loved the song ;that each day had a name, Monday was Dress up day, or Tuesday was Useful box day ; I loved the toys, Big and Little Ted, and Humpty and Hambell and Jemima; I loved the windows, round, arched and square – I liked the round window best of all ; I loved the clock ; I loved the Harry the Rose Jumper dog story and the egg shaped TV. It was very good and it is still good today. Sesame Street was too American and I was 10 by the time it came here. I loved Adventure Island, but worried Lisa never changed her dress and some of the characters were called Squire Squeezum and Fester Fumble. I did like the Electric Company, and then You Can’t Do That On TV, a Canadian show with ----Alannis Morrissette ( can’t spell her name, just doubled a lot of the letters) Children’s TV in Australia is good. Silversun is a sci-fi show, Out There is a good drama, Bootleg a chocolate fantasy, Noah and Saski explored the internet and Eugenie Sandler PI was a suspense mystery. All of these are on the ABC, and they have a lot of other good programmes too. I like them, sometimes more than shows for adults. All of the Degrassi shows are great. In La Femme Nikita which was fabulous and had an ending!! All the shows in season 1 has a 1 word title, 2nd season, 2 words and so on right up to season 5 with 5 word titles!!!!! How cool is that??? Mmmm I am having beetroot for breakfast.

John Anderson, the leader of the National party, part of the Coalition Government and the Deputy Prime Minister has been accused of trying to bribe an MP, Tony Windsor, to leave Parliament before the last election!!! Hot stuff. He has denied doing it on the date specified but had admitted that he did meet with the go-between . Police have already investigated and handed in their report, but they have not interviewed all the key witnesses. John Anderson said “ As far as I am aware I have not broken any laws etc” why not deny it totally? There was a meeting around the date given by an Anderson staffer and McGuire, the go-between, so perhaps McGuire is confused. This is all alleged , of course, but it is a hot potato!!!

The Test between Australia and NZ begins in a few minutes. In the last series they held us to a draw, I like the tests, good old fashioned cream clad cricket. It means I will have to remember to listen to The World Today on Radio National at noon. It is a very poor decision by the world cricket authority to allow a 15 degrees error of bending for a bowler’s arm. The arm is meant to be straight. It is the advent of the sportscam that has allowed bowlers’ styles to be so closely studied, but Murali’s action can be seen clearly with the naked eye. He is, without doubt, a chucker. No question. There is a good doco on the ABC about cricket ion the 80s. I enjoy cricket but I am not a cricket tragic like the PM, I like it in its proper place. Cricket should be listened to on the ABC and the TV should be on with commercial station with the sound turned right down. They invariably miss important pieces of play by going to a commercial break. The Channel 7 gurus have decided to enhance your Sunday night movie viewing by allowing people to vote by SMS for their favourite out of three movies each week. Cam there really be that many decent first run movies still to be seen on TV? I doubt it. I will not be voting!! I have never SMS voted. Here in Australia when you vote as part of a reality show it is very expensive , it can be $1 or more per call or SMS. 7 are also planning to limit the number of ads in the movie, so it will need as close to 10-30 pm as possible. They will increase the cost of ads by 30% to cover this. Channel 10 has given up on movies and shows CSI or L&O. What a plethora of topics has been covered today. I have walked the Labradors and they have been fed, had a play and now they are napping –Harki by me as usual and Peri outside in the sun. I must put sunscreen and a hat on every day as the UV rating is high all the time now. I abhor sunbaking .I never lied it. I would get all ready and take my book out and then 190 minutes later I would be back inside , my eyes all blurry and feeling sick. I remember being sunburned once or twice as a child and peeling but not very often. I do like to brown up my legs a little with a tanning lotion so they don’t dazzle with their Colgate whiteness, but that’s all. I think I shall make a shirt today. The material is lime with a few turquoise stars on it. The pattern is very easy and I think I can whip it up in an hour or so if I can find a zip in amongst the sewing paraphernalia.