Thursday, October 21, 2010

24-10-2004

House and about ( no ranting, it's safe today!!!)

  • I am Cooking: Beetroot
  • Books I am Reading: None-I must watch TV
  • Labradors Spotted: 1 Golden Retriever
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: See post, too many to list

Yesterday I watched 2 episodes of Blake’s 7. They were Breakdown and Bounty. Such poor effects and props and such ‘thoughtful’ acting. And the clothes…… it is terrible but I know that it can only get better!!

Whilst watching we read the 4 latest ( for here) SFX magazines. They still persist in nearly always having the base of the ‘F’ obscured so it looks like the word ‘sex’. Many’s the time people have looked in askance at me, that I should be reading a sex magazine!! I am ashamed to confess I explained and didn’t let them think the worst of me. Lots of information about Dr Who and Firefly and Stargate-SG 1 and Farscape too. Britain is far behind us in some things, and streets ahead in the screening of others. Hands up all those who thought Buffy’s Xander looked as if he was over-imbibing of the amber fluid over the last season? That he had that blowsy alcoholic look about him?? Well you were right, he’s in rehab . His wife is called Tressa. What name is that derived from?? I shall investigate.

Last night the house warming was fun, there was a bad music DVD and some of us sang like Casey Chambers by holding our noses!! We had cocktail sausages and little pies and sausage rolls and salami and cheese and pink Pringles – it was a nostalgia house warming. There were lots of people but not too many. I had a lovely time and there were new people to talk to and amuse myself with. I am however suffering this morning, not from a hangover, 2 glasses of bubbly in four hours won’t do that to me, but because I am so tired. I have dragged myself to walk the Labradors, I feel too guilty if I don’t. I have lounged and watched the hideously out of sequence JAG/NCIS crossover episode and eaten some porridge for breakfast. I shall lounge some more and catch up on some CSI and L&O episodes as well as Cold Case and Without a Trace and at 3 pm there is an excellent Shakespeare doco on the ABC ( Daylight Saving Time) and I have the Prunella Scales Queen Victoria show to watch too, and then there is the last episode of Hustle and 2 of Jeremiah to put onto a tape for K. In a way I am glad I am tired as today and tomorrow I can sit on the couch and knit and crochet for my course and watch videos - Oh and 2 seasons of Coupling and Black Books have arrived . Now there is such a list of things to watch-

1. Babylon 5 Seasons 2 and 3

2. X-Files Seasons 1,2 and 3

3. Stargate SG ! Seasons 1,2,3 and 4

4. Black Books Seasons 1 and 2

5. Coupling Seasons 1 and 2

6. Buffy Seasons 2,3,4,5,6 and 7

7. Angel Seasons 1,2,3 and 4

At an average of 40 minutes for each episode ( 30 for Black Books and Coupling) that makes approximately 12 ½ days of non-stop watching, plus all the things on real TV. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that over the summer there will probably be nothing to watch so I will fill up the long hot days huddled inside with the curtains drawn, icy cold drinks and comfort DVDs.

Jonathan Creek is on at the moment and after Roger and Sue have finished dispensing their food advice I shall have to potter along to the supermarket to buy food for me. There is no real food in the house, except for beetroot, which I might eat right now, now that I have remembered it!!!