Thursday, October 21, 2010

14-10-2004

Did I blink and miss yesterday???

  • I am Cooking: Cups of tea
  • Books I am Reading: Still the same
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Enterprise/Jeremiah

Did I write anything yesterday? I don’t think so, though since Tuesday afternoon it has all been a bit of a blur really. I went to my Freeform knitting and crochet class and made knitted bunches of grapes. There was no pattern so I wrote one!! It was very hot, I had a headache and felt weird. I came home and went to bed – got up and rang K so she could pick up the Santa Brooch kits I had made - I was not well enough to go out , managed to set the VCR for Dr Who ( last Pertwee episode) Monk ( final of season 2) Cold Case and People like Us. It was a mammoth effort considering and I only messed up by taping ½ of Cold Case in Extra Long Play!!!!

I took some of my whammy pain tablets and slept through till the morning. The Labradors didn’t have a walk. I pottered about all day and at 3-30 pm I went to be homework coach to A and G!! A and I did a scenario for Science – Imagine all the hydro dam had been damaged by terrorists, how would we cope without power? ( not my idea of a good grade 7 topic…) and then G and I worked on Roman numeral, multiplication with trading ( 7x3=21, put down the 1 and carry the 2 in the old maths-speak!!!) G also had a 2x table test and knew all the 24 facts so fast. Last week she didn’t even know turn around facts.

I dropped off the chocolate caramel slice for K’s staff room morning tea , and came home to watch the ROBOT episode of Tom Baker’s first Dr Who outing .

Peri is not well, she had a sore right front paw and leg and was sad and clingy. We went to bed after Tilty Headed man( L&O Criminal Intent) She likes to sleep under covers, so even though it was warm I put her blanket over her. She seems better this morning.

SHOWS RENAMED

  • Law and Order-Law & Order ornery
  • L&O Criminal Intent – Tilty headed man
  • CSI Miami-CSI Miami Vice
  • CSI NY-CSI YMCA
  • NCIS – JAG CSI

This makes it much easier to talk about shows when you are either (a) too lazy to learn the characters’ names, real or imaginary, or (b) needing to talk about things in code so no-one else understands. We once named a horribly awful family at school “The Peacocks” after the “Home” episode of the X-Files. He was as thin as a rake and leered and wanted to be tactile. She was ‘the size of an elephant’ ( a la Banana Splits) and the whole family was named after ‘Anne of Green Gables’ characters. They smelled. They were on the run from debt collector, and had changed their surnames. The children did not have ‘neck-top computers’ for brains even though their parents insisted they did. They kept a tiny pony in the boot of the car. After Mr Peacock swore at K and I in the classroom for about 5 minutes the other children sent the girl to Coventry. Better than the pony though, were the birthday party prizes – real live kittens!! Ewwwwww. We always referred to them as The Peacocks, so no-one knew who we meant , but we couldn’t believe Mrs Peacock could ever be kept on a trolley under any bed!!!

Peri seems better this morning, and Harki has found her Kong to play with. She is sitting on Otto and looking out the window. Otto is the Ottoman. A lot of things in our house have names –

  • Rope toy-Mr Ropey
  • Tennis Ball-Billy Ball
  • The Hose-Mr Watty Hose

I know this is sad but the Labradors can find things with extra names!!!

I feel better and I might go for a short walk later on but otherwise I am staying home and recuperating. Tomorrow I want to go to afternoon tea!!!! I have to ration myself. Next week I am doing nothing extra at all. I must repeat this as my mantra so I don’t get so ill again for a while.

I have Enterprise to watch and tonight Jeremiah is on. I hope it is good.

My apple green cardigan came in the letterbox yesterday and I have worn it. The weather is predictably spring – ie, it is very unpredictable. 28 C yesterday, but hail and snow forecast for the end of the week.

Oh and my hypochondria list continues with gyp in my knee and leg. I can barely straighten it. It comes and goes. I wish it would go. Time for a cup of tea now.



I'm not stalking, I'm being Proactive - truly!!!!

  • I am Cooking: Nothing, eating out of the freezer
  • Books I am Reading: Nothing, too tired
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Kath and Kim

Truly ruly I am not stalking the people at Lincraft, I’m being proactive, really!! 2 and a bit years ago they departed these shores, despite denials just a week before. They said they would be back asap, but they never came. I am tired of waiting. They ignore us here as usual. But since I have to live for today, and today there is no Lincraft, I decided a month ago to start emailing them every day. I was polite, and cheerful and, according to K, very stubborn. I will never go away, I will persist ( until I expire!!! From death) so I emailed long, pleading letters, even a song!!!

Dear Kirsty - A Christmas Song

Sing to Jingle Bells!!!

Writing to Lincraft,

Hoping to hear from you,

But nothing have I heard,

My hopes are dashed anew!!

Bells on mail don't ring,

My face no longer bright,

Hope to get a letter here

Before tomorrow night!!

Oh, Lincraft Shop, Lincraft shop you have gone away,

We all miss you here, we miss you more and more each day,

Oh, Waiting here all forlorn feeling sad and blue,

Kirsty Lincraft emailer when will I hear from you???

I liked the song. In the end she said she would get the fabric people to send me green samples. 12 samples arrived and she obviously didn’t ask them to make the swatches green ,as there were only 5 green ones and I hate pink with a vengeance. I have therefore spent an afternoon lovingly unfolding and touching all my fabric, cutting off samples, arranging them by colour and making a little folder of them to send back to Lincraft. I am even sending a packet of stamps so they don’t have to pay for postage and I have ordered some green and aqua linen look and some stripy green wafty summer fabric as well.

I will post it off tomorrow and then email Kirsty to tell her what is happening. I am going to write to the Christmas department and I hope K will too. I plan on making them send me catalogues and samplse just because I can and because Spotlight has such a dearth of variety I fade away from lack of stimuli!!!!

Oh my mobile rang, I am frightened of my phone, nevertheless I just signed up for 24 more issues of my Australian Stitches magazine for half price!!!!

When I am on the phone the Labradors are always naughty. They are worse than children!!!

Well, I have been inside all day except for the paper and the letters, I have rested, slept and played with material. Now I shall need a nap!!!!