Thursday, October 21, 2010

15-11-2004

Wake me up before you yoghurt!!!

  • I am Cooking: Peanut Butter Biscotti
  • Books I am Reading: Cast a Bright Shadow
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Gunpowder, Plot and Treason

The next door neighbour woke me up at 8-15 am just as I was enjoying an excellent sleep.” Did I wake you?” she asked. I demurred and said,” No, no, I was awake already” but I wasn’t really. I now have enough drinking yoghurt to sink a ship – I think the Labradors will like it though. There is peanut butter so I shall bake them Peanut Butter Biscotti.

INGREDIENTS

2.5 cups wholemeal flour

2.5 cups plain flour

½ tspn baking powder

1 egg

¼ cup oil

1 cup peanut butter

water

You can add 1 cup of carob buttons or dried fruit too

METHOD

Mix dry ingredients, add wet ingredients in a well in the middle, mix, adding cold water a teaspoon at a time till a stiff dough forms. Roll into 5 cm diameter logs, place on oven tray, flatten slightly and bale at 150 C for about 30 minutes. Cool thoroughly. Then cut into 1 cm slices with a serrated knife, place on tray and cook at 150C for 20 minutes. Store in air tight container.

I think these are good enough for people to eat!!!

The ABC Giving Tree Walk is being launched as I type. Lots of ABC employees and other State ‘celebrities’ walk/ride from all corners of the State to Hobart, collecting money and gifts as they go. They raise an incredible amount of money: there is a choir, a CD and other cards etc too. I think I could sing better than the man on the CD singing at the moment. We had a choir at school and I was in every group. I was in the sisters’ choir, even though I didn’t have a sister at the school. I love to sing. I love to sing with others too, it was the best thing about going to Mass, the singing. We made a record and wouldn’t you know it – my name was the only name spelled incorrectly!!! I have just seen a UK Squeeze album on sale on ebay, the seller is here in Launceston. This makes me need to update and buy more of the (UK) Squeeze albums on CD. I must order some of them soon.

It is now 40 days till Christmas. I must write up a plan of attack. If I make a list I will be much better at completing it. I have almost finished the Bunny sleeping bag, and I have washed the material ready to make a whole lot of Santa brooches. Harki is still playing with her DingleDangle barbell and Peri has a few pieces of dog food in an empty bottle : it keeps her occupied for ages.

I have read The Artemis Fowl Files, although translating the extra bit written in Gnommish symbols might appeal to children I find it to be an arduous task. I will let a child do it!!!