Thursday, October 21, 2010

11-10-2004

Have had commiseratory chats with friends and I am somewhat resigned to the fate of the nation - even hoping 38 will be the limit for Howard in the Senate. ( OK I know commiseratory isn't a word, but neither are boogelly, data-ist or percentagise and I invented and use those too!!)

I have just had custard yoghurt and a banana and 2 cups of Twinings' Prince of Wales tea for my lunch. I have been out to buy the makings for the Santa brooches we are starting tomorrow night at Craft ( read Chat for craft here) group,except for the brooch backings...but I did ,as usual, forget the note and so from memory I did quite well and I am all organised for freeform knitting and crocheting tomorrow at my Adult ed class too. I am making 'things' in lime and olive green.

I read One for the Money by Janet Evanovich last night in bed. It was laugh out loud funny in a few places and although a little more raw than I thought it will be I will definitely be working my way through the numbers. Finished Gifts by Ursula le Guin the day before and it was a 'young adult' read so it was quick and not overly impressive. The Tanya Huff book follows on from the Blood series. I requested the State Library buy it only a month or so ago and they have!! My Australian Stitches magazine came in the mail so I am itching to read it too.

Tomorrow I will be cooking Chocolate caramel Slice for my friend's school staff. I read a recipe in the English Women's Weekly where you make the caramel in the microwave, and it works perfectly. In her book, Donna Hay uses 2 tins of condensed milk, I only use 1!!!!

Now I am off to have a nap!!!