Thursday, October 21, 2010

10-11-2004

Jumping the Shark or just plain cancelled???

  • I am Cooking: Baked Blueberry Cheesecake ( right now)
  • Books I am Reading: Angels and Demons - still
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Firefly ( sigh)

How hard could it be to reconstruct the lining of a bag? Quite complicated really. There are 7 pieces and a zippered compartment, credit card slots and also a mobile phone holder. I have to make a new mobile holder with pleats to make it 3D and attach the zip and credit card sections to the new lining and then sew it all up and hand sew it back into place. It will be a long labour of friendship for K. I have cut out all the piece and now I am avoiding it by doing this!!!

I have so much TV to catch up on, CSI Ordinary, Cold Case, 2 episodes of Dalgleish, 1 of The Brief , etc etc etc. Thank goodness I have no faith in TV stations and set the VCR to tape 10-15 minutes early as I just caught the station ID and then ‘FIREFLY” started!!! It was so exciting. It has a new intro and it is the studio cut, showing in Joss Whedon’s non-preferred order. I sang along with the song and then took the Labradors for a walk with joyous and happy thoughts!!!

In television jumping the shark means the point of silliness beyond which a program is no longer viable. The term comes from an episode of Happy Days when Fonzie, wearing his ubiquitous leather jacket, jumped over a shark on water skis.

Why do they cancel shows I like and let others run on interminably? I could list a bazillion shows, and as I have ultimate power here, I shall!!!-

  • Firefly
  • Dark Angel
  • First Wave
  • Babylon 5, sort of
  • Blake’s 7
  • Survivors
  • Dr Who, though it’s back
  • Strange Luck
  • The Burning Zone
  • Nowhere Man
  • Time Trax ( yes I know it was bad, so bad it was good)
  • Angel
  • Battlestar Galatica
  • Crime traveller
  • Dark Skies – ( had such potential till it realised it starred Eric Close)
  • Now and Again ( Eric Close strikes again)
  • Early Edition
  • Farscape
  • Jeremiah
  • The Lone Gunmen ( we only ever saw 1 episode here)
  • Millennium
  • The Pretender
  • Prey
  • Quantum Leap
  • Seven Days
  • Sliders

And that is all I can think of at the moment. It is enough to send one into a decline. Forensic police shows are the current craze with about 10-12 on at the moment.

I am cooking Blueberry baked cheesecake and I think I will have pasta for lunch. We had the bacon and cheese muffins for brunch. I should finish the book as it is due back tomorrow – I might have to read it when I get home from Di and Mark’s from dinner. I have only read 4 pages. I have no fear though, I have yet to meet a book that isn’t readable – I do avoid Tim Winton at all costs though!!!