Thursday, October 21, 2010

15-10-2004

01:29:23 PM

I hate it when I lose my Library book and other things

  • I am Cooking: Bacon and Eggs
  • Books I am Reading: None -Lost Library Book Crisis
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Jeremiah, still

Will Christine Milne be elected to the Senate or will we have the Assemblies of God Family First Petrusma woman instead?? Both are on 0.9% of a quota and it all comes down to the thousands of postal votes, where a large percentage have voted below the line and not given their preferences according to the Labor and other party lines.

It is rumoured to be two weeks before we know the result. The data is put into the computer and then when it is all done it takes 90 minutes and then it spits out the answer. Candidates have been known to celebrate prematurely , but he pundits seem to think Milne will win.

I wish the TV stations would get their at together. WINTV always runs late with Letterman so you get ½ an hour of it before Enterprise and you need more than 2 hours to tape a 45 minute show – there are hardly any ads at 2 am. Southern Cross screened episode 1 of Jeremiah last night.. I set the VCR to start taping 10 minutes early and I don’t know when they began, but I have about 1 minute and then the opening credits. It is sooo very annoying. I checked all of the papers to make sure the time was correct. It is not as if I am some kind of novice at this. We also missed the sad but good Threat Matrix as they replayed this week’s episode of Blue Heelers. It was only on this week – they can miss umpteen episode of any show I like and even if there is a power cut or they show them out of order they don’t care a bit – yet they show Blue Heelers again. Why Oh Why Oh Why????? I almost give up. There is still a tiny bit of hope deep down in me somewhere.

There is a note in the letterbox to say I have a parcel at the PO. I can’t pick it up till after

2-30pm but I am going to High Afternoon Tea at 3 pm so I can pick it up then, I am hoping it might be books!!! I live in hope that every parcel will be books, but there are things from Ebay to come still – Star Wars Lego, Buffy DVDs, Colliers’ Educational Reading set and Castle Leg, so there is only a 20% chance it will be my fiction books.

My Library book is lost forever it seems, I have 17 real bookcases and then boxes of books in the spare room and a bookcase in the pantry – you need a good book to read if you are making Lemon Curd, you have to whisk for at least 30 mins. I have an extension and I have impressed the Library lady on the phone by knowing my number off by heart. I have till Monday to find it……. The clock is ticking… This is not helped at all by the fact that yesterday I got most of my summer material out and it is draped all over the bedroom… Ah well, it is find the book or pay the fine. I hope I find it.

07:03:48 PM

High Tea, but no Cooper or Kelly

  • I am Cooking: Nothing after High Tea!!!
  • Books I am Reading: Still in Lost Book Mode
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: D&P, Voyager, Jonathan Creek

Not long back from High Afternoon Tea which lasted for 2 1/2 hours!! We had-

  • egg sandwiches
  • smoked salmon sandwiches
  • cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches - all cut into fingers
  • walnut brownie slice
  • orange poppyseeed syrup cakes
  • macadamia shortbread
  • scones, strawberry jam and King Island cream
  • myriad cups of tea ( though sadly not loose-leaf)

It was all lovely and we chatted the entire time. The Star Wars Lego came, and not my books so I shall have to wait till at least Monday now.

Tomorrow I am off to brunch at the Muffin Kitchen and Christmas material shopping - although until December The Xmas Word shall be replaced by 'Hmmm Hmmm'. I always made the children at school say this until I allowed it to be officially Christmas on the first school day of December, otherwise it is cards and glitter and 'I wants' from September onwards. The anticipation makes it so much more exciting and we always had a cool forfeit to pay if we said the word!!!

Now I am looking forward to Dalziel and Pascoe, Jonathan Creek and Voyager!!!!! Oh and the Glass House. The Chaser last night was excellently satirical and bitingly true.