Thursday, October 21, 2010

28-11-2004

I don't like TV, oh no, I love it!!! ( and this is a cricket song too : Bonus 10CC!!)

  • I am Cooking: Pasta, Melting Moments
  • Books I am Reading: Bridge of Souls by Fiona McIntosh
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Taping stuff , not watching anything

I met the outgoing Mongol hordes of Christmas Parade watchers on my way into town. They did not want to move and I was nearly skittled by prams. I managed to get a parking place near LC so it was only 2 blocks. On the way through the book shop I accidentally bought Fiona McIntosh’s new book, the third in a trilogy, ‘Bridge of Souls’. We had lovely brunch/lunch and James, who is 4, took a liking to me and we sang songs and chatted for the whole 2 hours, James will only wear his Spiderman suit, with its padded muscles. I must admit he took the pressure of me!! Everyone smiled and commented about him in a nice way and no-one noticed I was all in green!!! When I cam hope I slept from 2 till about 5. Then it was too hot to sleep so I had roast chicken for tea and then read ‘Bridge of Souls’ till midnight. Then it was cool enough to sleep. The book was good, it tied up all the ends and you really did not know quite how it would end. It does have a happily ever after ending though, not one of my favourite kinds, but it is how her books end. She is writing a new series set in Percheron for next year, so I can’t wait.

TV is looking good this week and for the holidays –

Crossing Jordan

NCIS

Threat Matrix

Alias repeats ( eps 3 and 4)

Spy master

Coupling

The Office

Firefly

Joan of Arcadia ( not sure 100% about this)

L&O Tilty headed man

The Dead Zone NEW Stargate SG1

Jeremiah

L&O Ornery

Little Britain

Voyager

Trial and retribution

Rosemary and Thyme

William and Mary – Martin Clunes!!

Spooks

And that is without Dr Who and other small things.

I have decided that for Sewing I will make a different little card and give people some melting moments – 3 or 4 in a little bag. Here is the recipe –

180 g soft butter

¼ cup icing sugar

1 tspn vanilla extract

1 cup plain flour

¼ cup cornflour

FILLING

60 g soft butter

1 cup icing sugar

2 tspns grated lemon rind

2 tspns lemon juice

Cream butter, sugar and add vanilla. Mix in flours. Place in fridge till cold. Roll into small balls and flatten with a floured fork. Bake at 180 C ( 160 fan forced) for 12-14 minutes, till golden.

Beat all the filling ingredients together and use to sandwich the cold biscuits.

You can use lime or orange as the flavours, or omit the lemon rind and juice and use chocolate ganache

( 100 chocolate, 50 ml cream melted, mixed till smooth and then cooled)

I also like to add some grated rind to the lemon biscuits.

Today I am doing house work and washing and I think I will make pasta for tea. I have not had breakfast yet – too hot – I will have to write a new verse for the sewing card and make the cards as well, not like my proper Christmas cards either.

I mus go and see what the labradors are growling at – maybe the black and white cat.

Oh and the cricket is on and we are giving NZ another hiding so far!!!

It's very clear, our muzzy is here to stay.

  • I am Cooking: Pasta
  • Books I am Reading: Feist - Exile's Return
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: The Tupperware doco

It has been one of those days when I feel muzzy. Neither really tired, nor awake ; not a true headache, but not clear either. I have pottered around and made a dent in the work but I haven’t really eaten anything except for some Shapes biscuits. They are not a proper meal so I am going to make cheese and parsley sauce and cook some vegetables, then make pasta later on. I should have a nap in between too. I have Blackjack: Sweet Science to watch but I have just about caught up on everything else. There is an episode of an historical ‘dark ages’ doco on at 5 pm, and then nothing really till ‘The Debt’ at 8-30.

The Labradors have had a similar day ; too hot to play and run, they have slept on the cool slate floor or on the polished boards in the breeze of the window. We are all slightly not quite right today, which is not unusual. In the cricket it looks as though NZ will have to follow on. This is very good!!!

I shall have a strong cup of tea, Earl Grey I think, and some sugar which I try not to have all the time either.

I have the new Guy Gavriel Kay book and the new Feist books to read. I must choose one …. The Feist, I think. I am sad to see my review is not up on the Library site as yet. It has been 5 weeks since they added a review – very slack.