Thursday, October 21, 2010

20-11-2004

She thought Jane Austen was a car

  • I am Cooking: Pink eye potatoes
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: L&O Ornery and SVU

It is a truth universally acknowledged that washing the car makes it rain – or pressing the button at the lights makes them change faster if you want to cross the road. Similarly, clicking on Solitaire makes any page download faster. As I have dial up this is a distinct advantage. There are drawbacks : you become engrossed in the game and forget why you went somewhere; you accidentally shut the game and it was a promising one and it is gone forever; you never feel you actually finish a game , and you hardly ever do get a good run at it. Last night we went to Toro’s and it was good. We had a platter with seafood and nibbles to start and then a variety of dishes including steak, more seafood ( me!) cannelloni and chilli con carne too. For dessert there was roasted fruit and a chocolate tart consumed. They were very eager for us to go but we refused to be moved until about 10-15 pm: nearly 4 hours. It is a big barn of a room, tiled and open and very noisy. There is nothing to absorb any of the sound. They had real live ( as opposed to dead) flamenco guitarists!!! They were dressed in all black and looked particularly Spanish.

5 hours later – I have been to town for lunch, purchased a pair of buckle up short winter boots ( brown) on sale for $20, a Christmas craft magazine and all the craft things to make a swag, lovely green metallic corrugated cardboard. I am beyond tired now. My feet hurt and I can’t remember words anymore!! I am having a cup of tea and a nap. The I must catch up on L&O Ornery and SVU.