Thursday, October 21, 2010

28-10-2004

What does the ABC stand for? Nothing, apparently!!!

  • I am Cooking: Porridge
  • Books I am Reading: Finished Going Postal
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: NOT GNT obviously, or Gardening Australia

I don’t believe it!! I have turned into Victor Meldrew again – the ABC is run by MORONS. They are Sandra Levy and Jennifer the Head of General Factual. When I find her real name I shall post it here. Over the last few years they have cancelled ‘Something in the Air’ , could have been better than ‘Bellbird’ and ‘Behind the News’ which they have now decided to produce again. They have also cancelled ‘History Detectives’ with Jennifer Byrne and made the sop of a show ‘Rewind’ which is soon being shelved as well. Now they are moving ‘Gardening Australia’ from its birthplace years ago as ‘Landscape’ with Peter Cundall ( he sent me a Diary for my Birthday once and his son made an excellent student film with Daniel) to Victoria. This is all in the name of regionality. So why are they cancelling ‘George Negus Tonight’? They have just spent a week in regional far north Australia. I do not understand why, when people have voted with their bottoms, Sydney is slapping them in the face and doing this? They really are in Ivory Towers. They are out of touch. First my TV, the George, then Peter. Vale ABC. Will there be anything left? I am going into a decline again, I can feel it.

It was on GNT that I saw the blogging Taxi Driver and though “I could do that” and I investigated a few blogs and set up one for me and one for the Labradors. The Spell Check doesn’t recognise ‘blog’ – well it does now I have made it learn!!! I am going to write letters and email – I think I will do the Federal politicians from Tasmania too.

I shall be talking about this for ages now. It is us against them, the proletariat against the bourgeoisie, good against evil!!!!

I shall write more later as I must write and email about this while I have the energy.


12:48:58 PM

Denise and Denephew

Denise Eriksen is the head of general Factual - she is not , in fact, Jennifer anyone. Just like to get it at least partially correct!!

08:39:52 PM

The Carnival is O-V-A-H, Ovah!!!

  • I am Cooking: Rosti
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Just gazing in awe at the blank screen!!!
Mondo Thingo is ending as well. It's the end of the world as we know it. But I have a new TV and a set top box as well. I purchased them after school, well, Karen's school had their carnival today and she had hat hair, but nevertheless, I looked at 51 cm flat screen TVs and she looked at $10,000 ones and dreamed!! I bought the TV and then realised I could have a set top box too. Of course they were both the last ones in the shop, and the box had no manual or packaging, but I will pick up the book tomorrow. I have successfully tuned in the TV and attached it to the VCR and put the other TV back in the bedroom. I never watch TV in bed, I only use it to tape programmes. Since I spend so much time in bed, if I watched TV there I would never get up. I tried to hook up the other VCR in the lounge room to do tape to tape for when I am out and need to copy a SP tape onto another in LP. I was unable to do it at all. So I had a cup of tea and made rosti and ate and then I was able to hook it up first go. Sometimes I forget to eat, I had forgotten to eat tea. I felt better then. Karen took the TV in her car and carried it for me as I am pathetic. I repaid her kindness with only a cup of tea, and then she left. I shall make apple crumble for her tomorrow. The new TV is Panasonic which means all my remotes work everything. I am in remote control heaven, a virtual heaven!!! It is stereo heaven too, when the Kath and Kim music played I could hear every single instrument!!!! I have set the video to tape episode 3 of Jeremiah, and I still have the first 2 to watch. Tomorrow I am not going out at all, only to the back gate to get the newspaper and the front to get the mail. I shall gird my loins for visiting on the weekend. It is a long weekend here, Recreation Day, to make up for the fact that they have Regatta day down south. I like the holiday better where it is, even so, every day is like a holiday for me as I don't go to work. People say 'How wonderful', let me tell you it palls very quickly. I should like to be better and go back to work. At least before we had every day trading I knew it was Sunday as the shops were shut. Now I have a hard time telling which day of the week it is.