Thursday, October 21, 2010

3-11-2004

We're the Department of Youth, Ahh Ahh, We got no power - so they send you a cheque!!!!

  • I am Cooking: Frozen Lemon Meringue cake

I love to shop and this morning I bought a new washing machine, boring, I know, but necessary. It is being delivered within the next 27 minutes supposably ( a new word that!!!) and they are taking the old machine away. That is a big bonus. It apparently comes with a bonus bag of some description but I don’t really care, I just want the machine. It was so easy – I rang up, asked if they had one, asked if they would take the old one away, and then paid for it!!! Excellent. Now I will play with it: the only time washing seems like a game.

This morning I had a chain letter which I am sending back to the person who sent it – how did he get my name? I have a silent number so I am not in the phone book? Then I opened a letter from the Hydro and wondered why I had another power bill and found that, instead, they have sent me a cheque for $80!!!!! as there were more than 10 power cuts in the last 12 months. How great is that? Because I am home all the time when the power goes of I am usually the first person to ring up the Hydro, I usually think it is my house you see. I have emailed them to thank them for the unexpected bonus, it is better than Tattslotto which I win $8 in each year.

I am making Frozen Lemon Meringue cake, you make 2 or 3 round meringues with lemon rind in them and cook them and then you make Lemon curd with the yolks and mix it with Philly and cream and freeze it. It can stay frozen for months and you don’t have to use it all you can cut a bit off and keep the rest in the freezer. It is for Harki’s godmother.

I watched Cold Case and Threat Matrix times 2 and Presidio Med. It has the woman from NCIS and Oded Fehr from The Mummy and the freckly girl out of Ally McBeal and Dana Delaney and Blythe Danner. It has been cancelled but it might be OK to while away the time – like I don’t have sleeping to do that!!!!!

Thank heavens the women and some men in the Coalition have spoken out against that religious freak Tony Abbott, reinforcing the view that it is a woman’s right to choose.

Oh after I hassled Lincraft endlessly they sent my fabric, it is lovely, but I must find the address to write and thank them.

I am a judge in a writing competition. I have a very thick manuscript to read and assess. I like being a judge, I feel I get to used whatever talents I have in a useful way. At the end of the year they send a lot of books to read and you get to keep them: what a good deal.