Thursday, October 21, 2010

26-11-2004

Slow down, I do too much, gotta let some big tasks pass - Yeah!!!!

  • I am Cooking: Mud Cake
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: Ha! In my dreams!!!

I have finished the Nativity. This morning I wrapped all the 25 things, labelled the little set of 25 drawers, wrote little poems for each item and then put each in the corresponding drawer. I also made a card for Alex, cooked her some double chocolate biscuits – recipe follows and wrapped her 6 LipSmacking lip gloss thingies!!! The I went to Karen’s school and made Wild Dolly Peg Angels with a group of boys and then used my Voucher from the Trivia night at the specialty butcher shop. I bought an organic Nichol’s chicken, honey cured bacon, chicken, lamb and beef sausages and some bones for the Labradors. Oh and I edited and proof read Karen’s school reports.

Double Chocolate Biscuits

Cram ¼ cup butter (60 g) and ½ cup brown sugar ( 110 g)

Then add one egg,

Fold in 1 cup of plain flour,

½ a teaspoon of baking powder

25 g cocoa and a teaspoon of vanilla extract or strong coffee.

Then stir in ½ cup white chocolate, Bits or chopped and

½ cup of dark or milk similarly!!

I find it best to refrigerate then roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and bake at 150 C in a fan-forced oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a rack!!!

You could leave out the cocoa and just use white chocolate, caster sugar and craisins, or macadamias!!!

I haven’t really watched Kath and Kim as I was very tired after going to Di’s for tea. I put a tape in for Jeremiah and went to bed. Tonight I plan on eating my chilli plum sausages and stir fry and then go to bed. Oh I have to make a mud cake. I will have a nap and then get up and make it when it is cooler. The last Glass House in on tonight – and Carnivale is coming on December 19 th. Now I have to make some shortbread and a decoration each for 8 people in the sewing group. A plum pudding or a wreath?? Honey, cinnamon and nut shortbread I think. That is all for now!!!