Thursday, October 21, 2010

24-11-2004

Who do you think you are kidding, Mr Christmas - you have got me on the run!!!!!!

  • I am Cooking: Double Chocolate Biscuits
  • Books I am Reading: Hover Car Racer
  • Labradors Spotted: 1 Golden Retriever
  • TV /DVDs I am Watching: CSI Ornery and Cold Case, last eps for 2004

I went to sewing after all my preparation without the proper quilting thread. Bah Humbug. We had a G&T and a lovely chat though. I have bought secateurs and a tree saw and a radio to listen to while I am walking the Labradors. It meant I had to be out at 9 am to guarantee buying items on sale but I managed. Now I realise I have not paid my phone bill so I will have to venture out later on when it is cooler to pay it. It costs extra to pay over the phone and I need some fruit from the greengrocer so that will be an excuse even though I had intended staying home for the rest of the day. We have had double chocolate biscuits for morning tea, well the Gardygardeners have, I can’t eat them as they are too chocolaty. There is a nice angel in the AWW so I think if it is not too hard I will make one for the sewing people. I have to design another sard too so as not to give away my Christmas card, but it will be almost December, so I might just go ahead any give it to them anyway. You have to sing the verse to “Oh Christmas Tree” or “Oh Tannenbaum” as we sang in German in high school.

Oh Labradors, Oh Labradors,

They are like angels sparkly.

Oh Labradors, The Labradors:

Cute Peri, Lovely Harki.

If they could fly, here’s what they’d do:

Your gifts from heav’n would rain on you,

Oh Labradors, The Labradors,

They are like angels sparkly.

Oh Labradors, The Labradors,

Send you our Christmas wishes.

We hope you have a lovely day

And the food is all delicious.

Good health and joy, that is what I’ve

Wished for you in 2005.

And so the Labradors and I,

We send our Christmas wishes.

I have had one card already as the senders have moved and so we are all getting a ‘heads up’!!!!! I have the last episodes of CSI Ornery and Cold Case to watch and then tomorrow night K&K with Kylie Minogue and Eponee Ray and Little Britain. Yesterday I won a 2 DVD set of Seven Little Australians. I loved that show as a child. You had to say what happened to Judy. I cried every time I watched it so I knew what had happened and I won. Ah, more opportunities to relive my childhood.

I have a memory stick now, with 64 megabyte thingies. I can use it instead of a rewrite-able CD as my computer doesn’t have a floppy disc. You can plug it into the USB port and download stuff, then upload stuff!! It was only $30 and that is very cheap. It comes as a lanyard and has a cover and a cute little cable to reach from the back of the tower where the port is, to the front!!! USB always reminds me of the show ‘Danger UXB’ – unexploded bomb. That was a very good BBC show about a group of men defusing unexploded bombs in England during WW11. It starred Anthony Andrews and was an excellent show, made in 1979. Now I am madly sewing up the knitted Nativity and decorating as I want to have it finished ASAP!!!!!